Frequent Asked Questions | FAQAnswers to the most common questions of our software
Related to MicroLADDER
What is the equipment that I need for programming a PLC?
- 1 PC windows XP, windows 7, windows 8, Linux Debian. µLadder is not compatible with Mac
- 1 serial port RS232 or a USB/RS232 adapter except in cases where an Ethernet port is available on the PLC
- 1 Ethernet port RJ45 for PLCs with Ethernet port available
- 1 SD or microSD reader depending on the automate (optional, but recommendable)
Which is the programming language?
Can I load a program into a PLC without a SD card?
Can I retrieve the program from the PLC?
Can I add input/output extensions into my PLC?
Is my program compatible with all the Sirea PLCs?
What is the purpose of the firmware?
Do I have to pay to use MicroLADDER?
Will MicroLADDER be compatible with future OS?
Can I get my application made by Sirea?
Is programmation limited or restrained?
Does Sirea have the total mastery of the software?
Related to MicroSERVER
What is the equipment that I need for creating an MicroSERVER application?
MicroSERVER is either installed in Sirea products of type MicroFOX, for a local server access, or accesible in the Sirea Cloud. No matter what PC equiped with a Navigator can create a MicroSERVER application.
Which PLCs are compatible with MicroSERVER?
MicroSERVER allows to connect to:
- All Sirea PLCs
- All Sirea electric transducets
- Remote communication modules of type PicoFOX or MicroNPE
- Every PLC or device of the market compatible with modbus or modbus-TCP
- Other MicroFOX equiped with MicroSERVER which upload data to a central MicroSERVER
Where to install my server?
Depending on the application type, the MicroFOX server can be located :
- On an automation system, either accesible just locally or through the Internet.
- Deported on Internet and hosted by your IT service or by Sirea.
How to link my PLCs on MicroSERVER?
Depending on the type of application, PLCs are linked to a MicroFOX server through :
- RS232 or RS485 serial link
- Remote communication via PicoFOX module or MicroNPE
How to move from development to exploitation with MicroSERVER?
MicroSERVER does not distinguish a runtime mode from an Edition mode. This is managed with user rights which is authorized or not to the development. MicroSERVER is permanently executing on the server and allows the administrator develop at any moment at the same time as other users use its interface.
Do I need to have programming skills to create an application with MicroSERVER?
No, menus and base views are pre-existing. You can create your personnalized graphical views as well thank to the views editor of MicroSERVER which is really simple, and does not require any programming skill. MicroSERVER offers the possibility to programm scripts, but this function is reserved to users able to program in Pyhton language.
Can different users develop at the same time in MicroSERVER?
Yes, different administrators can connect at the same time and work simultaneously on an application.
Is programming limited/restrained?
No, MicroSERVER is unlimited in :
- Number of devices
- Number of variables per device
- Number of graphical views
- Number of user accounts
- Number of scripts
However, for big applications, performance can be affected with the amount of data to be treated.
Where are all data saved?
All data are saved in the server. This includes :
- The µServer project the way you have modified it (views, variables, …)
- Exploitation data, as well as curves and alarm log.
We would recommend the establishment of automatic backup in other machines (ask Sirea) or a periodical export of data as well as a project export during development.
Can I simulate a PLC if it is not connected?
Yes. It is just necessary to deactivate the communication thanks to the “Active” property of the device. You can then just change the variables values (considering they are accessible for writing).
Can I know the log of connected users?
Yes. Administrators have access to this list. This right can be set for specific user profiles.
Can I work with my graphical view off-line?
Yes. You can create or modify synoptics with the MicroIHM software. This way, you don’t have to be connected to the server and you can take advantage of the graphical tools of MicroIHM. To modify a synoptic with MicroIHM, it has to be exported from MicroSERVER, and then open the view file “*.vu” with MicroIHM. To transfer again modifications into mServer, it is necessary to import the new file “*.vu” from the synoptic menu of MicroSERVER (if a synoptic with the same name exists already, MicroSERVER saves a copy of the old one).
How do email and sms alert reports work?
Sending an email is possible if the server is connected to the Internet. The sending of emails is made for free via the smtp server of the ISP (Internet Service Provider). Sending sms is possible in two cases :
- If the server is equipped with a GSM modem or a SIM card (not free service)
- If the server is connected to the Internet and you have an account on a sms platform compatible to µServer (not free service)
The email/sms sending is automatic with the appearance or disappearance of alarms. You can set the the sending for a group of recipients depending on the devices and/or variables affected. The message content can be also modified. Recipients can be email addresses, fix phone numbers, or user accounts. In this last case, each user can define and modify his contact details.